This is the #2 blog entry in the series to assist students with their Leaving Cert results. The previous blog highlighted ‘Key Dates’, so if you need to know them, just take a peek at the previous entry. We will have more entries soon on; deferring college places, repeating the Leaving, studying in the UK and alternatives to the CAO route!.
So we know the Leaving Cert results are out on Wednesday the 12th of August……..(deep breath…you got this!!).
You can collect them at your school or on-line on www.examinations.ie (from 12 noon) by keying in your examination and pin numbers.
Viewing/ Rechecking your Exam Papers
If you want to view your marked exam paper, complete an application form for Viewing Scripts through your school & return it to the school by 18th Aug. There is no charge for this service. You will be given a viewing time on either 28/29th Aug.
If you want to apply to have your paper rechecked you complete a Personalised Appeal application form available at your school (€40 per subject for Leaving Certificate students, Leaving Cert Applied €15.50).
Results of appeals will be known in early October, and if regarded you will be contacted by the CAO about any new entitlement.
How to Read Your Results
- You are awarded a Grade for each subject you sat, which earns points in the Point System —e.g. Grade A1(H)= 100, Grade C2(H)= 65. Full list of Points are listed on your paper results.
- You can only use the results of your best six grades of one sitting of the Leaving Certificate to calculate your points total.
- Every college has its own basic entry requirements.
- Some courses may also require particular subjects/ grades.
- For exact requirements check the prospectus for the relevant college.
- Should you not meet the specific course requirements, an asterix (*) will appear in the right of the course code in Part A of the CAO Offer Notice.
Websites to keep an eye on
http://www.cao.ie Central Applications Office
http://www.examinations.ie State Examinations Commission