In order to vote, you must be registered!
Supplement Closing Date
Tuesday 09-02-2016 is the closing date for your Local Authority to receive an application for entry to the Supplement to the register of electors for the general election.
Here is the RFA2 form to download & give to your Local Authority to be included in the Supplement to the Register of Electors.
You are eligible to vote if:
- If you are an Irish or British citizen
- You reach the age of 18 on or before polling day
- You are living in Ireland
- You are registered
Check the register
To check if you are registered on the Electoral Registrar, simply click on www.checktheregsiter.ie. If you are not registered yet, you can still make a ‘late’ application to you local authority (e.g. Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown Co. Council) to be included on the Supplement to the Register at least 15 working days before polling day.
Students living away from home while attending college have the choice of being registered at either their home address or their student residential address. (See also Postal Votes)
Postal Voters List
You may be eligible for a postal vote if you cannot get to the polling station because:
- of a physical illness or disability
- you are attending college away from your home address where you are registered
- you are in prison as a result of an order of a court