Have you ever considered working in another European Country?
Working abroad will take you out of your comfort zone and open up opportunities to gain new experiences and develop new skills. Working abroad will show future employers that you are adaptable, brave and have life experience. There are thousands of job opportunities across Europe and not all jobs require proficiency in the native language – keep reading and discover more…….
Covid may have curtailed your plans at the moment to travel abroad and experience life in another country but this is about a long-term goal, not a short term solution – so this is a perfect time to start planning for when things improve!
Work in Europe Resource
We have produced a 4 page publication (simply press on the link or image below) that explores:
- the employment opportunities in Europe
- highlights the benefits of working abroad
- outlines job hunting websites and what supports are out there to help you achieve this goal
- also included are online tools to record/express the skills you have gained
- and it reflects on the Careers of the Future.
Working in Europe Podcasts
Here is a series of podcasts produced by Europe Direct Blanchardstown on Employment in the EU for young people – well worth a listen
- Volunteering in Europe with Amy Collins – talks about the skills gained and future work options generated through her voluntary opportunities at home and abroad
- My Volunteer Experience with Marie Conte (VSI) – talks about how her voluntary experience has helped her in her career goals
- Employment Skills with Jill Barrett from The Head Coach Part 1 – talks about young people need to increase their chance of employment
- Growth Careers with Joe O’Connor talks about which careers could be the ‘growth careers’ of the future
The podcasts are part of a larger podcast series on Education and Employment in the EU for young people available on the Blanchardstown Europe Direct YouTube channel